Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre
Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre,
Tel: 01229 770876
Props : Cath and Phil Wrigley
Horse Riding & Riding Holidays in the Lake District
Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre is a family run horse riding and trekking business located on the edge of the Lake District, Cumbria. It was established in 2002 by Cath and Phil Wrigley and offers horse riding and pony trekking on the beach and fells. Our prime location allows us direct access onto Silecroft Beach with its 5 miles of golden sand and shallow waters. Only a minimal amount of roadwork through the peaceful village of Silecroft is required. We offer beach rides for all abilities ranging from complete beginners to experienced riders.
New Dates for full day rides now available.
- Beach rides for all abilities
- Experienced riders' enjoy a gallop through the surf.
- Enjoy the scenic views on one of our fell rides .
- Family groups welcome - fully trained staff will lead the children if required
- Large groups catered for - Experienced or Novice riders.
- Approved activity provider for Lancashire County Council
- Approved activity provider for East Sussex County Council
- Novice or nervous riders welcome - our horses will look after you.
- All rides escorted by fully qualified staff members
- BHS Approved Centre
- Riding Holidays offered - short breaks to full week
- Romantic Breaks - enjoy beach rides by day and relax in luxury four poster room with spa bath. Champagne, chocolates and flowers in room by prior arrangement.
- Instructional breaks - improve your riding and learn how to care for your horse.
- Rides from 1/2 hour to full day
- Approved hats and reflective safety tabards provided free of charge
- Open all year, but make sure you book!
- Due to popular demand we have added more dates for our full day ride.
All our horses are "happy horses". They all live out as established herds during the summer and all have grazing time during the winter. We believe that it is important for the horses mental and physical well-being that they get time to 'be a horse'. They need time to play, groom, roll and interact with other horses at some point during every day - this is the horses way of relaxing. We do not keep our horses stabled for convenience, they live as close to nature as practical and this is what makes them happy, relaxed and a pleasure to handle and ride. They will all take care of the most nervous of riders whilst always being ready for a gallop when asked.
We seem to have 'collected' a large selection of coloured cobs - so those 'coloured cob' fans out there won't be disappointed! Each of our horses has their own personality and our customers' enjoy learning about their mount during the ride.
Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre is fully approved by The British Horse Society and the Association of British Riding Schools. We are also an approved NVQ Training and Assessment Centre and a Riding and Road Safety Examination Centre. We are also an approved Pony Club Centre and hold regular pony club days during weekends and holidays.
Murthwaite Green Staff
The centre is managed by Cath Wrigley BET Centre Manager , who has many years experience of working with horses. All rides are escorted by BHS and BET qualified staff who all hold their First Aid Certificate, their Riding and Road Safety Certificate, and British Horse Society Child Protection Training. Approved riding hats are provided free of charge. Substantial footwear and long trousers are essential.
All our ride escorts are specially trained for the industry. You will always feel comfortable and confident whilst in their care. They are all long serving employees of Murthwaite Green so know the horses and the rides very well. They are helpful, friendly, professional, and always ready for a good chat!!
Emma Clayton - BET Ride Leader, First Aider, Riding & Road Safety, NVQ Level II Assessor, NVQII, BHS Stage I, Child Protection Cert
Vicki Gregson - BET Ride Leader, First Aider, Riding & Road Safety, NVQII, BHS Stage 1, Child Protection Cert
Click here for daily rides and prices
Click here for beach rides
Click here for riding holidays
Click here for trail rides.